Domestic Diva must have really put me in the mood for baking. While I was finishing this quilt out of Domestic Diva I was making cupcakes.The center of this quilt is a panel which comes in 3 different color ways. Flying geese surround the center panel finished off with the large border. Emily Taylor is the designer of this line for Riley Blake Designs.
Another picture. I think it turned out great. If you would like the pattern you can go to http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/ and download the free pattern.
Here are my cupcakes. I tweeked the recipe a little just to make it very simple. They are delicious.
Makes 24 cupcakes
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 ¾ sticks of butter
12 oz unsweetened chocolate (I used part chocolate squares and then part semi sweet chocolate chips)
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Place butter and chocolate in a bowl. Microwave in intervals of 1 minute until it is melted. Make sure to mix in between.
3. Pour chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl. Add sugar and beat for 3 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time. Mix well in-between.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Add flour mixture a little at a time until everything is mixed together.
7. Scoop a heaping tablespoon into each cupcake liner.
8. Bake at 350 for 17 minutes.
9. Frost with the butter cream icing.
Butter Cream Icing
4 sticks of butter
6 cups confectioners’ sugar
½ tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
Place butter in an electric mixer and mix for about 3 minutes. Start adding 1 cup of sugar at a time. Add vanilla and salt and continue beating until nice and smooth.
Have a great week!