Skip to main content

November That Alpine Quilt Group and a few projects

A little jacket I made for Nahla out of scraps from Delighted! I used to make jackets like this all the time for my girls when they were little. They would wear them with cute skirts I made and then colored stockings and boots with a huge bow or hat on their head. Little girls are so fun to dress.


The next are pictures from our quilt group in November. I know I am a little behind but there are some great quilts that I thought you would like to see.









This is a quilt design by Syd Haglund. She has made one for each of her children. This is for her youngest and is centered around a story her daughter wrote and pictures she drew as a child. It is all about dogs.


The colors are spectacular in this quilt. A lot of the applique is wool.


You can see the letter H to the right of the quilt which is the first letter of her name.



I remember this quilt being designed for a baby and both parents are at school at MIT or some kind of school that has modern buildings and architecture. This quilt was to represent the architecture.






Most of the following quilts are designed by Geoff's Moms Quilts which is a pattern company with 2 wonderful women at the head, Norma Whaley and Joyce Weeks


I love these quilts designs and color combinations.















This is the free pattern for Scoot I designed for Riley Blake Designs. Deena Rutter is the designer of the fabric. It is such a cute collection for boys. The designs are retro with fun trains, helicopters and toys.




Another look at the man quilt I made for Randy. It is a10" squares with 3" corners for any of you who love doing snowball blocks. Super easy and super fun. The fabric line is called Back Country by The Paper Loft.



Lots of Happy Quilting and many tiny stitches this week.
Jina













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

August That Alpine Quilt Group

August has come and gone.Here are the  pictures of That Alpine Quilt Group show and tell and then quilts by Konda who owns http://www.moosequilts.com/
I hope you enjoy all the fabulous quilts.

Love the red and yellow.



This is the million dollar quilt. Each block represents the story behind a letter from her son who served a 2 year mission. Don't you think that is such a great idea. I love it.






I love all the hand embroidery on this quilt. It will be a classic.








This was a block exchange quilt. She did a great job of her colors and arranging of blocks. I think this quilt turned out great.







Quilt Petite Blog Hop

I am super excited to share what I have made from  Sedef's new book called  "Quilt Petite"  published by Tuva Publishing.

This book is filled with charming, whimsical and quaint projects that are perfect for homemade gifts or for decorating your home. *** Sedef has added details of care and love to each page of  "Quilt Petite"

I used "On Trend" fabric designed by Jen Allyson  for Riley Blake Designs.

I chose to make the Hexie Doll Quilt on page 35. The first thing I needed to do was prepare the  (39) 1 1/2" hexies for paper piecing.

I had fun deciding which prints to fussy cut for the hexies.

Sedef has you hand-quilt around each hexie... which gives this project the charming handmade touch.

I used Shari's Binding Babies to keep my binding organized and cute while I finished my hand sewing.  You can find more information about these here. I named my cute babies Thelma and Louise.

I LOVE how this Hexie Doll Quiltturned out!!!  I

Goldilocks Fabric Tour

Goldilocks Fabric Tour
Jill Howarth has designed a darling fabric line  based around the beloved storybook of  Goldilocks and the three bears.  Her eye for detail and color choices  make this line so sweet.

Jill designs for Riley Blake Designs and  you can find her whole collection  of adorable prints here...

Fabric always inspires my designs and I couldn't  help myself...I had to make my grand daughters  another cute mini quilt for  their doll bed...they like to play with when they visit.

These are 3" finished mini houses.  I like to think Goldilocks would have played  with the three bears in each of these cute houses:)

Notice the cute mushrooms, flowers,  bears and Goldilocks, of course.

The little girls are going to spend hours  of fun remaking this bed and using  this cute mini Goldilocks House quilt to cover their dolls. *** I was able to fussy cut some of the  cute motifs so they showed in the mini houses.  You could play I-spy and te